Monday, August 23, 2010

Molly's Solo Flight



Loup County – Taylor

Since Reese went back home to Iowa for one of her best friend’s – Kate – wedding, I was left all alone for the weekend! On Saturday, I took the interstate, Hi-way 281, and Hi-way 91 all the way to Taylor for the Loup County Fair. Upon my arrival, I set up shop on the street next to the square. That night they were having their premium livestock auction – in the middle of town on the road by the way! The Loup County 4-H program has about 50 members out of the 80 kids who attend the Loup County Schools. Great percentage! After the auction, I had a couple of 4-Hers keep me company as we waited in route for the Parade. The theme of the parade was ‘Take time to…” One of my favorite floats was for a Nail/Spa place with a college aged guy soaking his feet in a bubble bath with the theme of “Take time to…relax!” Once we drove through the parade, Extension Educator Jan, helped me sell tickets for a while before I had to head out. Thanks Loup County! We sold several tickets!

That night, I drove to Spalding to stay with my family friends – the Cockerills. We had a great time catching up and spending a lazy Sunday morning together!



Seward County – Seward

Around noon, I left and headed to Seward for the Seward County Fair. This was the last day of the fair so several 4-H members and families were cleaning up and taking home their exhibits and animals. That evening there was a demo derby which brought in a lot of generous people who bought tickets! A big thanks goes to Tammy Stuhr – Extension Assistant – who helped me set up and sell tickets! After the crowd died down, I headed down Hi-way 34 back to Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment